Saturday, June 22, 2013

Ink and Glaze Update and News Tidbits



Here's what I heard back from Sandy following the previous post:

"I had a few minutes to play with a few inks & airbrush colors and, my goodness, how the glazing medium changes the structure and options of them."

Thanks, Sandy! This is why I love experimenting. I didn't know if the acrylic glaze medium would work well with acrylic and airbrush ink, but now we know it does!



Wabi-Sabi Papers





Did you know that Art and Soul Retreat is having a sale on classes until July 1st? You've still got about a week to get the special "roll-back" price on a fabulous lineup of classes. I'll be teaching four classes, two of them wabi-sabi inspired: "Papers Wabi-Sabi" and "Wabi-Sabi Wax".

 

I'll be traveling to Northern New Mexico next week and promise to take some inspiring wabi-sabi photos for you. I love my Pacific NW, but it's also important to me to make regular pilgrimages to magic Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Taos. The light there is strong and inspiring, and the melange of cultures that make up this area is so rich. Lots of art to be seen, the smells of pinon and sage--can't wait...


Because of my travels, I may miss hearing the broadcast of my interview with Lesley Riley on Art and Soul Radio, but fortunately this and other artist interviews are available in the site archives. This is my second interview with Lesley on Art and Soul Radio. She asks thoughtful and perceptive questions--I always learn something new from my own answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment