Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Hunting and Gathering Report



This time I'm going to share some vintage book pages that were sent to me by artist Randi Case. She was generous enough to share three beautiful and fragile (likely hand-blocked) pages from an old book. These are so delicate and lovely. I think they should be framed. Of course I have scanned them so I can share them with you.



I've printed these in toner copies (copy-shop) and on tracing paper at home. We'll use them in my Art & Soul class, "Mind Your Own Beeswax", coming up soon here in Portland. 

Yesterday I went to Hippo Hardware to find more old doodads and thingamabobs to use in my upcoming classes. I found a pretty good haul, though I sneezed a lot from the dust in the old building full of valuable junk. Sometimes you just gotta get dirty.


Visit my other blog to see my latest Encaustic Literary Charlotte.

1 comment:

  1. I was more than happy to share the treasures. You have been such an inspiration to me between taking your class in Vegas and then your book. Wish I could be in Portland. I know it will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete