Saturday, September 28, 2013

Linda Creates More Wabi-Sabi Work



Linda continues to be inspired by my book to create work in her own style. Here's what she has to say on her blog:


 "I'm also continuing my series of wabi-sabi canvases inspired by Serena Barton's book and Keith Harkin's original songs. You can see my previous projects here, and here.

  This week I chose techniques from Chapter Two. 


  Background Layers:


  Layer 1 began with a combination of Golden transparent Iron Oxide, Iridescent Bright Gold and American Bright Yellow mixed together. Layer 2 I added My Studio Vanilla and wiped back. Layer 3 I added Country Accents Soldier Blue and as I was wiping away a happy accident occurred . I had my fingertips on the canvas and when I lifted them away they also lifted the paint, causing the whitish blotches you see. In true wabi-sabi form I embraced it and left it be :). Next I mixed Adirondack Watermelon reinker with water and with an eye dropper allowed the mix to drip from top to bottom then from side to side. A wet cloth was used to spread some of the color and add into the background. A heart shape was painted in the center with US Artquest Duo Adhesive then a scrap of gold leaf sheet was applied over it. A little more tweaking with paints. Stamped compass (Judikins) onto tissue paper with Jet Black Staz-on ink, torn and adhered to lower right. Typed sentiment (the song title), aged it with inks and paint then adhered it to the heart:






"Don't Forget About Me" -  5" x 7" canvas

  On a final note, Bill and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary this Saturday. Not bad considering we only knew each other 5 months before eloping and it was the best decision I ever made. Love you dahling ;)"

Thanks for keeping us up to date on your wabi-sabi creations, Linda!


PS: To see what went on at last weekend's workshop. "Buried Treasure", go to my other blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment