Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wabi Sabi Wax at Art and Soul



I had a fantastic time teaching "Wabi-Sabi Wax" at Art and Soul Retreat here in Portland OR yesterday. Students learned the basics of making encaustic medium and paint. They then had a day of fun experimenting with painting and mixed media encaustic pieces. I love working with Art and Soul students. They are so willing to jump in and approach their art in a playful way. I want to share the amazing work that took shape in this class!


















This student used encaustic medium and mixed media on a box!











































































This student created a small shrine



2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I must say , that of your classes and projects -so far this one just blows me away! You have guided them so well. I wouldn't even attempt to choose a favorite-great job classmates!

    ReplyDelete