Thursday, October 10, 2013

Papers Wabi-Sabi at Art and Soul Retreat


I had so much fun watching the students have fun in this experimental class. Using mulberry paper as a base, students used a wide variety of mark-making tools, along with re-inkers, alcohol inks, and acrylic paint to create free-form decorated papers for collage, books covers, or to hang on the wall. Very cool papers came out of this class. Lots of free spirits in this one!














































This isn't one of the wabi-sabi papers from class. This is what a section a worktable looked like when I removed the used protective paper. Nice!


Happy me at Vendor Night with Marie Kennedy, one of the amazing organizers,(left) and Doris Arndt, an excellent artist and instructor.

To see pictures from my Art and Soul class, "Many Windows" visit my other blog, Serena Barton's Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment